Hummus Crackers

This entry was posted in beans, flax seed, grain-free, snacks. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Hummus Crackers

1. I put it in the nuts and seeds category. The fat content seems more similar to seeds to me than grains.

2. These sound amazing!!
    Flax seeds are not my friend though… they KILL my stomach, more so than dairy does…

I think of flax as seeds for sure!!

3. Deanna says:

Yep, they’re technically seeds. I’m sorry they kill your stomach Jessica. That’s a total bummer. I eat a ton of flax seed – some every day, typically. Do chia seeds work for you? Or hemp seeds? I’m wondering if either of those would be options in this recipe….

4. cheryl says:

LOVE the idea! sounds terrific.
    Anyone who can’t eat flax might try chia or salba–the ratios are different, but it has a similar binding function, and an even better nutritional profile. I love both!

5. girlichef says:

Wow, what a cool idea! The hubs and I love hummus, so these are a must try. Thanks so much for sharing them with Two for Tuesdays this week =)

6. Hooray, how exciting to see a recipe that is not only gf, but dairy and egg free as well. Good news for readers with food sensitivities. Thank you for sharing this recipe with Two for Tuesday.

7. Hey Deanna, you reminded me of the dehydrator crackers I used to eat when a raw vegan, but these look extra yummy because they are cooked! Hummus is my middle name baby! For the lady who cant stomach the flax, how about seasame seeds? Chia might be too mucilagenous for a cracker. Thanks for linking to the two for tuesday blog hop. Alex@amoderatelife

8. Alea says:

I love this idea! My 3 yo goes through phases where he wants hummus for 3 meals a day + snacks. Then after I have made a huge batch to keep up with demand, he decides that he will eat anything but hummus and I am stuck with several cups to use up or toss.

9. Wow! These look fabulous. Great job. I must make this especially when I have hummus and ground flaxseed meal in my fridge. It is meant to be.

10. Ricki says:

Brilliant, brilliant!! I also make my own hummus and like it thick. . . and while we rarely, if ever, have leftovers, next time I’m setting aside 1/3 cup just so I can make these! Great recipe and can’t wait to try it!

11. Christy says:

What a delicious way to keep food from going to waste – I love it! Thanks for linking this to Two for Tuesdays!

12. These are so cool! I actually love how flax seeds taste, I think they’re delicious. Hummus and flax… perfect combo.

13. annette says:

these are good. read the post, had almost exactly 1/3 cup of hummus in the fridge, went and made them, yum.

14. Maggie says:

Deanna we are the exact same! There’s always some leftover hummus that gets thrown out. Not anymore! This is genius. Soooo healthy too. Thanks so much.

15. Flo Makanai says:

Fantastically easy and yummy looking recipe, thanks!

16. Elizabeth says:

This sounds great! I have had to cut out hummus beacause of the raw garlic (breastfeeding and baby HATES it), but this seems like a great way to sneak it back in and be healthy to boot! Awesome!

17. Oh WOW…consider me impressed! Though I have the opposite problem with leftover hummus (there never IS any!), this looks like it’s worth saving some for. I LOVE thick, hearty crackers like these look to be.

18. I love this recipe! So simple, so healthy, so genius!

19. Pingback: Roasted Carrot Hummus

20. Ellen says:

These are in the oven now. But what to eat with them…more hummus? LOL Thanks for the idea!