Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

So, this happened.

Broken-footed mommy.

Broken-footed mommy.

Yes, yes I do have a broken foot. *sigh*

Needless to say, I haven’t been doing much recipe development lately. Or, actually, I’ve been throwing stuff together that’s quick and easy and never writing anything down.

Popcorn for dinner? It’s not so bad.

But, last night the kiddo looked at me with big eyes and said, “Mom, I need cookies. With peanut butter. And oatmeal.”

Who can resist big eyes?

Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 cup GF oatmeal, ground in coffee grinder
1/2 cup oatmeal, not ground
2 T. almond milk

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a medium-size bowl, blend all ingredients together in order listed. Drop by tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes.

About these ads
This entry was posted in cookies, oatmeal, peanut butter and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

1. Deanna, that is one monstrous boot and some yummy looking cookies! I think I’ll use oat flour for the ground oats and quinoa flakes instead of oats. Will report back when I give them a try. But go ahead and tell the kiddo thanks for me. ;-) Continuing to send major healing thoughts your way, dear!

Shirley

• Deanna says:

Yep. Monstrous boot it is. Please do let me know how they turn out. I don’t actually eat oats. So I’m not indulging. I thought about trying a quinoa version. But I don’t have any quinoa flakes.

2. Tricia says:

Would oat flour be the same as the oatmeal ground in a coffe grinder?

• Deanna says:

Yes, I just can’t give you an exact measurement. It would probably wind up being a little less than half a cup. But, I wing it with cookies all the time – they’re very forgiving. What I would do is put in the almond milk first, and then add oat flour until you have sticky cookie dough consistency. Let me know if it works!

3. christine says:

oh dear, poor you! I broke my foot the week following my early retirement in July five years ago, what a waste of a summer that was, I was still hobbling when I started my BA in the September! Take it easy – resist the big eyes!!!!

4. So true; big eyes = mushy heart. Sorry to hear about your foot; hopefully it heals quickly!

5. Kathryn says:

Deanna, these look awesome! Where have you been blogging friend?

• Deanna says:

Well, I spent the last year recovering from a broken foot and a concussion. And, I just haven’t gotten back on the blog band wagon. Perhaps I’ll get back to it this year. :)

6. Kathryn says:

Oh no, I knew about your foot but not the concussion. So sorry to hear it. Hope this year is a healthier and happier one.